27 October 2010

To Weather the Billycane

Like most of the country, we had some SERIOUS weather around here yesterday.
There were funnel clouds seen all around and they discontinued regular television programming
*gasp*
to go on a non-stop weather watch.
You guys, it's no joke.
I missed Oprah.
At first I thought they were just being overly dramatic, but the hubby explained that there are
NO TORNADO SIRENS IN CHATTANOOGA!!  WT?????

DSC_0494

Anyway.
Thankfully, I didn’t have to take outfit shots in that craziness.
Even more thankfully, these gorgeous boots weren’t damaged in all the rain.

DSC_0446

It’s a total coincidence, but these earrings used to belong to my Great Grandmother.
It was Great Grandmother Lucille who has been reported to have said, “Land the river, it’s a billycane.”
The phrase has become famous in my family.
Even the hubby (who never met her) calls crazy storms “billycanes” now.

DSC_0436

Another coincidence? These pictures were shot at Nana’s Frozen Custard.
It’s the home of The Most Yummy Frozen Custard I have ever eaten.
{Yes, St. Louis people, it’s even better than Ted Drewes.}
Though I NEVER called my Great Grandmother Lucille “Nana,"
I'm sure you’d agree there’s a bit of a tie in, right?

DSC_0456
Navy Cashmere Sweater: 2nd Hand J.Crew
Plaid Skirt: Thrifted; Belt: Thrifted
Earrings: Inherited from “Never called her Nana” Grandma Lucille
Boots: Victoria’s Secret

Yes, I really did stick my nose in my Nana’s Pudding flavored frozen custard.
Give me a break. We had gotten a little slap happy by this point.


See if the other ladies got slap happy in their Fall Fashion Week photo shoots by visiting
mom’s are for everyone!


37 comments:

Marie said...

You are such a funny woman, your posts always make me laugh and smile!:D

Very cute outfit and that shade of blue makes your skin glow and you hair vibrant!:D

Happy Wednesday!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

C.G. Koens said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that skirt!! I'm such a sucker for pleats.

Lexi said...

we have tornado sirens in Hixson...that plus Nana's Custard...yet another reason Hixson is a superior place to live.

Unknown said...

ur too cute!!! - LOVEn' the belt and boots - cute lil outfit!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika

PS - spreading the word - come one come all and
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

Emery Jo said...

SO cute!! this outfit is the perfect combo of vintage fem-- my favorite! :) you are so pretty.

Jean said...

So adorable! I'm seriously in love with all of your vintage skirts!!

xo
Jean

www.fadedoldjeans.com

T said...

Damn girl, I am jealous of your thrifting skills! You look like a million bucks.

k said...

this is the cutest outfit!

Chelsea said...

that skirt rocks.

you look beautiful, as always!

Jess Youngsma said...

Those boots, I die.
And that skirt is sooo flattering on you!

Amber said...

Your pleated skirt is perfect!!

so cute.

With Love, Jamie said...

You are the cutest!! :)

Lil Muse Lily said...

such a great look! and i love your pics.

Anonymous said...

You just look amazing, like always. Besides that I love your skirt, I would kill for having hair like yours. Actual my normal colour does very much resemble yours, but I couldn't grow them out like you since they are much too thin.
And the best is still your smile :-)

wishful nals said...

could you be any cuter?! i love the skirt. i think pleats are so fun!

jessi bridges said...

Can we please be friends? You are just so cute! And I need to borrow your photographer some time.. my photos are in need of some serious help :)

Lori said...

This outfit is too cute!!!
You look lovely :)

Lea said...

Such a beautiful outfit! I am loving that belt! And ice cream sounds really good right now!

SomisSurferGirl said...

You really have the flair for fashion,girl! I love that amazing outfit, and please, could that backdrop be any cuter????

marisa said...

One of my faves so far today! You look amazing in that gorgeous, pleated skirt :)

Ashley said...

So you live in Chattanooga? I didn't realize that I was so close to you when I was in Nashville last week!!

Unknown said...

No tornado sirens? I can't imagine.

I love the pleated skirt, and this photo shoot is so cute with the frozen custard!

Olivia said...

Again, I LOVE those boots. They are amazing. Thanks for getting me into this fashion week thing; I'm having fun.

Katelyn said...

Such a cute outfit. And I love that you are goobering it up. :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That skirt is So lovely...and so are the boots for that matter!

E said...

It would have been sad for those boots to get caught in the storm. I'm glad you made it out alive, too!

Pamela said...

Your pictures today are TOO adorable! Please stop, I'm squee-ing too much! Sorry for the weather. I was going through your blog and you're from St. Louis? I'm flying there tomorrow morning for the rest of the week!

Call Me Ishmael

katie said...

love everything about this -- the skirt, the boots, the belt, the ice cream. just perfect.

KillerB said...

I get green with envy every time you wear that cute belt! :)

D Dierks said...

YOu are my kinda dresser! So cute and beautiful!!!
Bejeweled Wednesdays@jewelscapes.blogspot

The Suburb Experiment said...

I have a pleated skirt I've been having trouble incorporating into my closet - I'm def going to steal this outfit look!

Jenn

Charlotte said...

That last picture is adorable. You are adorable.

This is my favorite out of yours, so far. You look totally classy - it's a look that will never go out of style.

Anna said...

cute cute cute!!!

Rachael said...

BEST outfit, BEST post, BEST eyes.... Best, best, best! You're so fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love the boots! Glad they weren't damaged in the rain :)

Bevin @ allisbright.com said...

You are sooo adorable! I love that skirt. Not many people that pull it off, but you did!

♥/Bevin @ All is Bright

Billi London-Gray said...

Can I borrow this skirt? I want to wear it, especially since it goes so well with frozen custard. I'll send you my address. :o)