03 March 2011

To Look Ahead

You know what cures the doldrums of the "almost done but still have SEVERAL outfits to go before you finish the challenge" funk?


Lucky #22

Blog round-ups.

IMG_1799

And next week I have two.  That's right, one annnnnnnnnnd two.

IMG_1797

Want to play along?

IMG_1813

Thursday, March 10th is Red Pumps Day!
According to the Red Pump Project's website, the largest number of HIV/AIDS diagnoses during recent years was for women aged 15–39.  The Red Pump Project's mission is to raise awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.  It is their hope to promote HIV prevention through education and open dialogue about the issues that surround sexual and reproductive health.
With that I'm announcing my 30th item.  My absolutely, awesome knock-off J.Simps red paten peep toes.

Keep your eye open for their big debut!

IMG_1790

Polka Dot Dress as Top (Vintage); Wool Trousers (Gap)
Black Cardigan (Gap); Black Strappy Heels (Me TOO)
Red Bead Necklace (it's beautiful); Black Belt (Express)


But, before red pump day comes Everybody, Everywear Tuesday!!  It's not like Linda and Liz need my help advertising Everybody, Everywear.  They are doing just fine on their own! Isn't it exciting to see such a fun, community building blog take off like wild fire? Got to love it. Like I said, the next big installment is just around the corner.  Have you marked your calendars for next Tuesday, March the 8th?  It's polka dot day!
Since I'll probably still be in the midst of 30 for 30, you should plan on seeing these here polka dots make a repeat performance.  (kinda ruins the surprise a bit, huh? waa wo)

What's your motivation to finish the 30X30 if you're playing along?


22 of 30




10 comments:

Harija said...

love the outfit and really like the photos!

http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

rlutz said...

Love your necklace...great how you styled the polka dotted top with the tweedy work pants!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I'm looking forward to these red shoes... the suspense is terrible! hehe.

I'm not doing 30 for 30, but if I were, I'm pretty sure that stubbornness would be motivating me!

Charlotte said...

Love this outfit! Very classy, lady.

Bella said...

I am totally loving the backdrop on these photos! And this top is the cutest thing on the block! Your hair looks so purty! Love it!

Anna said...

I'm also participating in both of these blog events. Looking forward to seeing your red pumps and polka dots! I did not participate in 30 for 30 but I totally admire everyone that did. It seems like a real challenge! Keep with it, you are almost done!

Anonymous said...

Those pants are too cute!

I love your pics these days!!!! You and/or Lexi are doing a great job!!!!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

I love the bright polkas in your blouse.

BTW, have you ever heard of Housingworks.org? It is a nonprofit that raises money to support those affected with HIV/AIDS. And in case you like thrifting, you can visit shophousingworks.org for their online thrift shop. The prices are a bit higher than at my local thrift shops, but it's for a good cause, so I think it's worth it ; )

Thrifty Threads

Anonymous said...

So in case you want to get rid of all your 30 in 30 style to clean out your wardrobe for new things - can you see me waving over here?!?

I want your top... and the trousers... ah, just send me your complete outfit in the mail :-)

Linda said...

I was thinking about all the nice things I was going to say about these pictures. Then I got to the text at the bottom, saw my name, and couldn't remember what I was going to say. It was probably something about liking those pants. And that I liked how happy you look in these pictures.
But now all I can think of is EBEW and thanking you for spreading the love!

The Auspicious Life