17 March 2011

To Show Off my Irish"ness"

Yesterday, Helena over at A Diary of a Lovely posted what she might find if she opened up her "Ideal Closet."  I simply loved the idea. So, I've done what we bloggers do and paid homage to her brilliance by creating my own take on her Ideal Closet concept.  
{Helena, I hope you are flattered and not offended by my imitation of your ultra creative post!!!}

If I were to open my ideal closet on this greenest of all days, here is what I would find:




Please, oh please tell me you aren't already tired of this green striped Libertine dress!!  It has been on my mind  (define obsessively for me, just in case...) lately.  I think it would be perfectly paired with a school boy-esque blazer like this one from Topshop.  Finish it off with these subtly sexy navy lace up platforms, "mod dot" tights to fight the Spring chill and the most Irish inspired dainty necklace and I'm ready to celebrate - pinch free!!

Best part?  There's no cinched waist so I can eat as much corned beef and cabbage as I'd like! 

Will you be sporting the green this St. Patty's Day?

12 comments:

Harija said...

happy St. Patrick's Day!
My Lyfe ; My Story

k said...

guess you won't get pinched today!!

Reston Style said...

I totally wanted to buy that dress, but sadly they were out of it in my size at my Target. I also looked at the other green/turquoise dress, but settled on the bunny print one (gonna rock it tomorrow, I think!).
I bet you look awesome in green, with your red hair! Its one of my fave colours but I hardly wear it(except my jacket, of course)!
-Lizzy
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

Punctuation Mark said...

Happy St. Patrick's.... will be wearing nothing special because i'm vacation but will definitely celebrate it!

Anonymous said...

I've got the perfect school boy marine blazer in my wardrobe and I don't wear it since I simply can't manage a match with anything else in my wardrobe.

Sigh.

Veronika Novotny said...

ooh, this is CUTE. I'm crushing on those Asos platforms so gorgeous. I also love your thoughts on styling an outfit, so that you can eat as much as you want, cause I'm SO there with ya. ;-) xx veronika

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

cheers to festivity!

Anonymous said...

I love that green color paired with the navy.

Kellie said...

Awesome dream outfit! :)

Elle Sees said...

i want that dress so badly.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Cute outfit! I wish I had seen this post last week. Very cute.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I wanted that Libertine tunic SO bad! It just didn't look right no me. Boo!