22 March 2011

To Play Paper Dolls Again

Happy Paper Doll Tuesday!!

I threw my striped skirt into the mix and here's how the whole thing turned out:


IMG_1928


Paper Doll Project
When it comes to playing paper dolls, I got very, very lucky.
I was paired up with Miss Lisa of Sweet Laundry Loves.
Not only was she was full of lots of amazing ideas, she gave me multiple options and was super sweet and complimentary throughout the process.

IMG_1934

Even with all the options she gave me, I still went off book.
Here's my excuse: It was nearly 80 degrees here yesterday and final look we chose just would have been WAY, WAY, way too warm.
So, instead I went with an earlier idea.

Sorry to not stick with the plan, Lisa.  
But, I'm loving this blue top with my skirt. It was much more temperature appropriate.  Thanks for picking it out!

IMG_1943

It's that weird time of year where it's too warm to wear tights but my legs are too butt white not to.
Enter gray tights simply being worn to protect your eyes from temporary blindness.

IMG_1930

Now, before you hurry over to Miss Vinyl Ahoy to see all the other paper doll bloggers, you must first pay a visit to Sweet Laundry Loves and see how beautiful my partner is looking.
I was incredibly excited when I found out that she chose a shirt dress to be styled.  I just so happen to have a colorful shirt dress on "must have for spring" shopping list.  And after seeing how cute she's looking, I'm adding a pair of nerd glasses to the list too!



What's on YOUR "must have for spring" shopping list?






16 comments:

silvergirl said...

Cute look and I so relate to the blinding white legs dilemma!
I participated in this project as well. I thought it was very fun
Brett

Nikki Mortham said...

Love the shoes! Those could work with so many outfits.

My spring list is all about florals. I went on Forever 21 website (when all of their purchases for one day went as donations to Japan) and dumped a pay check on adorable floral skirts and dresses. I can't wait to get them in the mail!!
Nikki

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love that skirt <3

Sweet Laundry said...

Molly! You look fantastic in this skirt! I hope you'll wear it more often because it is so incredibly flatterin on your figure. I love the detail on the waist. And the blue sweater looks fantastic too. I'm glad you went with this option instead :) Thanks for being such a great partner. I'm so happy I discovered you and your blog. I can't wait to see what you wear next!

Unknown said...

I love this outfit! And the part about your legs cracked me up, I've been slathering on tanning lotion like a maniac lately that way I don't blind anyone when I bust out the shorts.

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Bekah McDuffie said...

Wasn't this such a fun blogger link up?
This outfit is killer, I love that skirt!
And I totally had to revamp my decision for 80 degree weather too!

matters of merrymaking

Charlotte said...

The skirt looks great on you! Or rather, you make that skirt look great. ;)

My spring 'drobe is simply looking forward to summer. :) I've been aching to shop for more dresses, skirts and flats!

Snappy-Q said...

What a fun project! You make this outfit look awesome! And I get the blinding whiteness thing, but its still way too early to bust out any skin around here.
My spring wardrobe is going to mostly involve longer shirts to get over my bump!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

i really love that skirt! how cute :) xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

C.G. Koens said...

I love that skirt. LOVE. And you did a fun job with your partner as well. Hope you're having a good week!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I love love your 'do! And the outfit is simple yet chic and so pretty!

Linda said...

The waist detailing on that skirt is fantastic! And it works so nicely with that top. Well done to both of you!

The Auspicious Life

k said...

i love this outfit! i want that skirt now :)

Bre said...

That pin stripped skirt is great and with the blue even better!
Cheers,
Bre

rlutz said...

great outfit...lope the seer sucker skirt with the fun gray tights and wedges... someone told me the other day that my legs were so what they were almost gray...ha!

KillerB said...

I really like those tights paired with those shoes. Great outfit, Molly!