08 October 2010

The Muse Project - Volume 1

Meet Elaine.  Come to think of it though, you probably already know her. I mean, she has an insanely popular and very addictive style blog called Clothed Much.  I wish I could remember how I stumbled upon Elaine’s blog, but I can’t.  And I could make something up, but I won’t.  Suffice it to say, her blog has been a daily read ever since.


Elaine’s style is effortless.  I’ve come to expect clean lines, classic silhouettes, and timeless pieces mixed and styled with abandon.  Oh, and stripes.  Elaine wears lots and lots of stripes.  And that is pretty much fantastic because I love stripes.  Now, I may not know when I discovered Clothed Much, but I can tell you the day she became one of my Muses.  It was July 29, 2010 when Elaine posted THIS on her blog.  Go ahead, stop and go read that link… It's cool.  You back?  Okay.  So, it got me thinking about my own closet and how I could be a better steward of what I already have.  Up to that point I had already been hooked on her style, but then I got hooked on her philosophy.

And that brings us to today… You want to know what’s so cool?  Even though she’s a mega popular blogger (and in the middle of a job hunt) she was willing to participate in my Muse Project!  Pretty awesome, huh?  I asked her a few questions so that you guys and I could get a peek inside her head. 

Q: How did Clothed Much begin?
A: I’ve been following several fashion blogs for a while and realized a lot of them had similar styles and that none of them reflected my style or values. How could they?? We’re all different!!


Q:  Do you have any rules when it comes to putting a look together for your blog?
A:  I am big into belting. I usually like to match my belt and shoes together…or make sure they’re completely different…but it’s usually the former. I don’t like wearing similar colors together like light blue and a dark blue…although I think I’m getting better at breaking that rule!

She does belt like a pro.  Here's the belting tutorial VIDEO she posted yesterday.  I love the video for 2 reasons.  First, I’ve been wondering how to get the twisty belt look.  But also, it’s so fun to see video posts of bloggers… she’s just as cute as I had imagined!


Q:  Is there anything or any style you would never wear or never attempt?
A:  Sheer blouses and lace dresses with undergarments showing. I’m really against any display of underwear!!


Q:  What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
A:  BE YOURSELF! There’s only one you.


Q:  You've been offered the September cover of Vogue and given free rein to travel in time and pick what you'll wear.  In which outfit from your past, present or future would you be photographed?
A:  WOW! (Please let this come true. Please let this come true!!) I’d wear this outfit (her outfit can be seen below). It seems most covers shoot from the waist up and I’d be comfortable in this and still feel glamorous with the pearls!


Is she beautiful or what?
And how about that style?
See why I consider her to be my Muse?

I'm incredibly thankful to Elaine for participating.

Have a fantastic weekend everybody!

15 comments:

Lila said...

Really great series. I love the questions asked.

Ashley said...

What a cute little segment of yours. I like to feature bloggers on my site too, but I've never done the interview...good idea!!! :)

Elaine is a cutie, and I'm going to have to steal that belt trick!

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

she is adorable! i especially liked her third outfit :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Charlotte said...

Her blog title says it all: Clothed Much. Huzzah for being modest AND fashionable!

Marie said...

Great interview!:D She's really stylish!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Anonymous said...

I love her style!

Olivia said...

Very cool! I am thankful to meet one of your muses!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I've always liked Elaine's blog! She is very true to herself, and has a funny, snarky sense of humour that I quite enjoy! ; ) Great feature!

Elaine said...

WOW, Molly!!! You went OVER and BEYOND for this Muse post! Mostly people just copy and paste the questions and answers. I really enjoyed reading this!!!! I'm so glad you like my blog and I hope I can keep up with your expectations! Thanks so much for letting me be your FIRST muse!!!!!

Linda W said...

Great muse choice. She is one of my daily inspirations as well.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

YAY!! A personal fave :)

Congrats Elaine ;)

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love elaine!! she's so stylish, down-to-earth, and smart!

Unknown said...

Great segment. Elaine looks so cute, especially in the skirt outfit. :-)

the Citizen Rosebud said...

She is a great blogger, and her advice is so true. We all love her because she is herself. And it don't hurt that she's a beauty with a strong sense of sensible style. Nice post.

Gracie said...

She's adorable! I really love her style and I would wear her outfits :)

P.S. I was definitely posing in my star wars pic :p