30 October 2010

To Get a Few Tips

Plagued by awkwardness in front of the camera, I decided to enlist some help.
Photobucket

My coach brought me to the Enchanted Corn Maze in the hopes that an inspiring background would put me at ease.  (clearly the corn had seen better days...) She tried to give me some tips and encouraged me to use some props.

All her coaching enabled Lexi and me to get a decent shot or two.
Photobucket
But, as you can see... She's still much more comfortable in front of the camera.
Photobucket

Chambray Shirt: Thrifted; Jeans: Old Navy Sweetheart Skinnies
Leopard Flats: Rugged Warehouse ($3!!)
Orange Vest: Clothing Swap
Aviators: Standard issue the day you marry a pilot

I'm not 100% sold on this denim on denim look.  I know it's been super trendy and whenever I see it on others, I think it looks fantastic.  But, I'm not sure I've pulled it off today.  I like how it looked in my bedroom mirror, but I'm not sure I'm in love with what the camera saw.  Oh well, there's limited pieces in my wardrobe over the next 30 days and this look allows me to cross off another day.

By the way, in case you're keeping score the orange vest is clearly OUTERWEAR worn for warmth and so it doesn't count as a piece in my 30 for 30. Are we all clear on that one?

Now it's time to kick off your weekend with Emery and some other stylish ladies strutting their Fall Fashion Week looks.  Just visit moms are for everyone! to spread some love!

6 of 30

20 comments:

Alyssa said...

I think you have absolutely pulled off the denim on denim look!

lexi said...

you and your coach are both adorable! I wish I could have seen the rest of the pictures! Could you make me a disc?

Chelsea said...

great outfit. I would totally wear this.

E said...

I think this outfit is great! Love the flats as a way to add some pattern.

Helen said...

Your little help sure stole your show - how cute is she :-)

Anna said...

nicely done! way to be brave and successfully pull this look off!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Pink cowboy boots...AWESOME!

ga said...

Jean on jean is such a tough look but I think you pulled it off quite nicely :) LOVE the flats!

Lea said...

I think your denim on denim look, looks great! And I love how you paired your outfit with leopard flats!! Cute as always!

Unknown said...

OK, you are SERIOUSLY adorable! (I LOVE all your "cheesy" poses...)

It's funny you made a comment about the Wonder Woman Underoos- I have had several others say they had pics like mine too! I do believe I should start a Wonder Woman Underoos Blog...

jessi bridges said...

You totally pull it off!! I was thinking, wow, that whole outfit is so well put together. Even your hair just goes with the whole ensemble. I think you should be a stylist :)

Anonymous said...

Cute denim shirt! Looks great tucked-in.

http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

gina marie said...

I'm so jealous you got those flats for $3! I've been on the hunt for a simple but inexpensive pair.

Rachael said...

You look so all-american. You could pull off ANY look. And you never look awkward in front of the camera. Not the shots you post at least. :)

Lil Muse Lily said...

both of you look totally styling. i love her pink cowgirl boots!

Ashley Hasty said...

You both look fabulous!!! Thank you so much for bopping over to my blog a few times this week!


http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These pictures are the best I have seen of you in a long time. Your assistant had a profound effect on you. I would love a large one of your single shot. Great lighting and nice mood. Mom

Kara Endres said...

I'm dying for some leopard flats. Great deal on yours.

Angel said...

Very cute! Denim of denim is my new love. How I didn't find it earlier in my life growing up in the country I have no Idea.

Angels Point of View - Street Fashion Blog

Olivia said...

Very cute! And sorry I got so behind on commenting. I love this blog!