29 October 2010

To Strike a Pose

It's come to my attention that if you were viewing my blog in either Google Chrome or Firefox that you've been greeted with a big old hunk of code up top.
EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
You'll notice the issue has been resolved.
And I wanted to send out a special "THANK YOU" to my lovely friend Alyssa for pointing out the code drama.  Alyssa, you are as sweet as you are funny and talented!  Thanks so much for holding my hand through the drama.


click here to check out her personal blog


Now, on to the Fall Fashion



Apparently, I'm a cheesy poser.

DSC_0828

Lexi says when she's taking my picture I'll strike a pose,
you know, something like this




and then I won't move until I've heard the shutter go off.

Huh? 
But that's good modeling right?
Forcing the photographer to take the picture you can see in your head, even though the photographer can see the actual picture with the camera.


DSC_0823
Black Turtleneck: Wished for Here & Found at a thrift store for $2
Hippy Dress worn as skirt: Head shop somewhere in STL
Boots: Hope you aren't getting sick of them
Socks: "Stocking Stuffer" (see what I did there? pun definitely intended) from the hubby last year at Christmas
Necklace: ABC Trading Co Bracelet turned into a necklace using black ribbon
Earrings: Coldwater Creek
Belt: Thrifted


For more Fall Fashion Week Fun and participants who are rocking some more natural poses than me, head on over to Emery's blog moms are for everyone!

5 of 30

22 comments:

C.G. Koens said...

It has become a tradition for Peter to put new socks in my stocking each Christmas. What can I say, he knows my weak spots. Hahaha! Cute outfit - love the turtleneck! :-)

Unknown said...

I didn't know that you live in the south. I live in Western NC, are we anywhere close to each other? ~Serene

Charlotte said...

I don't think I could get sick of those boots... they are rockin'. Especially in this outfit!

Alyssa said...

you are the best poser ever. once heidi klum gets word of your blog the other models of the world are in for a shock!

E said...

I love this outfit!!! Classic with a hint of modern playfulness. Really awesome.

Lil Muse Lily said...

love the outfit and i think you are a cute poser. ;)

Katelyn said...

Very pretty!

Elle Sees said...

i'm also a cheesy poser!

Tiaz said...

hehe. as long as you're having fun in front of the camera. I enjoy your blog very much. :)

D Dierks said...

You are adorable and so are your outfits. Your cheesy poses are so fun. I use to add more of my cheesy poses to my blog than I do now, but I added a semi-goofy one this past week and of course that's the one that was used in The "it" List this week(u can see for yourself at my blog if ya want), yikes. :)
Thank you so much for your nice comments at my blog!
jewelscapes.blogspot.com

D Dierks said...

p.s. - it would be awesome if you wanted to link this post to my Jewelscapes Bejeweled Wednesday link party (this Wednesdays is still open)! it's for everyone who coordinates jewelry with their outfits!

KillerB said...

Okay, I really love what you did to that bracelet to make it a necklace. It's a really clever idea, and I never know how to wear necklaces with turtlenecks but you nailed it!

Well done!

Chelsea said...

cute skirt!

Chelsea said...

cute skirt!

Amber said...

Love it! Pattern on the skirt is cuuute.

Sonja said...

I just stumbled across your blog...and hey your poses are fabulous! hehe. :o)
love your outfits! Especially all your skirts!!!

Unknown said...

Socks and boots are great! And I really like this dress as a skirt!

jessi bridges said...

I love the whole ensemble (did I even spell that right?) and the umbrella totally completes it! Oh and your braid is cute too.
And you're not an internet stalker.. I consider us friends too :)

Heidi said...

Totally love the socks and boots! The reason this fashion week is so fun is that I am getting some great tips. Like your bracelet into necklace, would not have crossed my cluttered mind!

Lea said...

Wow! I love that skirt with those boots!!

Rachael said...

You are FREAKIN' adorable. And you definitely know how to work those props!

Olivia said...

Great outfit; and who could get tired of those boots?