15 October 2010

Want to Wear ... Apple Picking

This outfit makes me want to enjoy fall foliage and fill a basket up with apples...

minus the heels.

I have been seeing long sleeve striped ts EVERYwhere lately.  It appears to be a fall must have.  So, obviously, since I'm a big ol' follower, I want one too.  Whoever said horizontal stripes were unflattering had clearly never gotten a glimpse of Claudia.  The clean lines and classic styling of this look are truly inspirational.

Shopping List to Achieve the Look:
1. Striped Long Sleeved T-shirt
2. Black Skinny Jeans (though I'd wear blue ones because I already own them)
3. Knee High Brown Boots
4. Statement Necklace (my statement might not be Chanel)
5. Quilted Bag (or basket for apples)

Once again, I'm more than half way there.

Happy Weekend Everybody!!
Hey, Do you follow the NO HORIZONTAL STRIPES rule?

11 comments:

Olivia said...

Since I had no idea horizontal stripes were a no-no, nope, I don't follow that rule. I own lots of stripes.

E said...

For me it just depends on the stripe. Some horizontal stripes don't look good on anyone, but I'm loving the current trend.

Lori said...

I love the trend but I think I have been brainwashed by the rule. I have two striped tops that others say look great, but I always feel weird when I wear them.

T said...

Somehow....stripes look different on me. The outfit is cute....when do we get to see the Molly version??

Lexi said...

so apparently I am pro stripes since I was wearing them this morning :) I didn't even know I was fashionable! And I promise I didn't read this before we hung out ;)

C.G. Koens said...

Okay, I just have to say it. There are some people who should not wear stripes. I'm sorry, but they just shouldn't. My sister was gifted with my grandma's hips, and we all agree that she should not wear stripes - she doesn't need to look wider. Look, it's just the way it is. On the other hand, Ms. Claudia up there is about a size 0, so I don't think she has a single thing to worry about in that department. I have one striped sweater that I sometimes wear, but on the whole I stay away from them (not because I think they make me look bad, but because I'm just a very plain dresser). However, minus the heals, I actually DO like this outfit. And yes, when are we going to see the Molly versions??? :-)

Charlotte said...

I follow this rule to a T. I think I own ONE striped shirt. I've always been more of a polka dot girl anyway. :)

Alyssa said...

i tend to follow the stripe rule... but this week i bought a striped top and it looks actually slimming!! its thin stripes about 2mm wide so i guess there are so many stripes that it cant look wide...

so go forth and embrace trend :)

Ashley said...

I own so many horizontally striped tops it's not funny. so, NO, I don't follow that rule! haha.

Elaine said...

I love stripes!!! I can't get enough. I wouldn't mind if my closet was full of stripes.

CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog

Bridget said...

looove that outfit.